Planet Calamari Zazzle shop

2009-02-21

Pooses for Peace Boycott Oscars


Associated Press
Hollywood CA

In a shocking turn of events, the celebrity cats known as the Pooses for Peace have shunned making an appearance at the Oscars on Sunday night and have chosen to ride in the Bacchus Mardi Gras parade instead.

Unconfirmed sources report that the cats are disgusted with stick insect celebrities who wear fur and clueless on how the rest of the planet is doing these days. Others claim the cats are annoyed that they were not invited to present at the Oscars this year after last year's Bite and Run incident. Several celebrities have filed restraining orders against them.

Zevo Calamari, spokes-poose for the cats issued a statement today: " I think the time has come for us all to enjoy a cheap bottle of wine and relax. um....Winona who? Paris.... Lindsey who? ... um...oh...Life is precious so let's all join hands and sing Give Peace a Change....and um...Oh.. like...do these birkenstocks make me look fat? Do you think they go with the Versace dress? Purple beads or green? Pass me some of that Mondavi........"

5 comments:

zevo hussein calamari said...

I hope there is lots of wine at the Bacchus parade.. after all he is the God of wine...........

meemsnyc said...

The mardi gras parade sounds like more fun to us!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

And you know the Mardi Gras parade will be way more fun anyway...

Anonymous said...

Geeeze, I'd rather drink and wave from the float than skulk around on stilettos with Paris and her accessory dogs. I do have my standards!

Hey Boo...bring me my tiara for the Mardi Gras parade. I want to wear it with my beads and that cool Sarah Palin mask you bought for me.

Kiss Kiss,

Miss Lucy Fur

Black Cat said...

A wise choice. Mardi Gras sounds way more fun than watching stick insects blub when they win and blub when they don't win. Okay, the bling pickings may be easier there, but sometimes the fun of Mardi Gras and the bling challenges it presents is more worthwhile. Just saying... Enjoy! :) xxx