Rescue Remedy is one of my most favorite products to use for calming and reducing stress. I use it in my acupuncture practice. Dogs, cats, kids and humans all respond positively to it. It is safe. It does not interfere with any medication.
The effect is very subtle, however it does work.
It can be added to your pet's water. Sometimes i will spray a dog cookie with Rescue Remedy before i begin an acupuncture session with a dog. If i am treating a cat i massage a bit into their ears and the top of their head. You can also add it to any drink for humans. I also use it on my plants.
Rescue Remedy is also wonderful for those days you have to take your pet to the vet, or if there is any trauma or situation that causes stress.
I add it to Zevo & Nubi's water. Lately i have also been using another Bach Flower essence "Holly" for Zevo's jealousy. (Please don't tell her!)
You can find Bach Flower remedies at most health food stores, Whole Foods, The Vitamin Shoppe or online.
From the Bach Flower website:
"The original Bach Rescue Remedy
- Impatiens: For those who act and think quickly, and have no patience for what they see as the slowness of others. They often prefer to work alone. Teaches empathy and understanding of and patience with others. We've found it very fast-acting in alieviating an impatient attitude and lowering stress.
- Star of Bethlehem: For trauma and shock, whether experienced recently or in the past. Teaches the ability to recover from traumas and to integrate them into the present life.
- Cherry Plum: For those who fear losing control of their thoughts and actions and doing things they know are bad for them or which they consider wrong. Teaches trust in one's spontaneous wisdom and the courage to follow one's path.
- Rock Rose: For situations in which one experiences panic or terror.
- Clematis: For those who find their lives unhappy and withdraw into fantasy worlds. They are ungrounded and indifferent to the details of everyday life. Teaches one to establish a bridge between the physical world and the world of ideas; may foster great creativity. Is also used to bring clarity and alertness to the present moment.
Have a great weekend!
zevo's pet human
ps.....if you would like to watch a dog get acupuncture please visit my website at www.fourpawsacupuncture.com
Visit Boo's pet human's acupuncture website at www.missionvalleyacu.com
or Zevo's male pet human's acupuncture page at www.MyAcuDoc.com